As we wrap up the month of October and our 31 days of compassion series tomorrow, it is hard to believe that we will soon enter the holiday season. Have you done your Christmas shopping yet? Admittedly, we have not. As we each consider the gifts we will give this Christmas, have you thought of giving a gift that will bring blessings beyond the wrapping? Have you thought of giving a gift in honor of someone to help release another from poverty in Jesus’ name?
Instead of making snowmen just to get out of your driveway, dealing with holiday traffic both on the roads and in the stores, and standing in line long enough to memorize the fruit of the Spirit, why not take a moment to bless more than one person with your Christmas giving this year? You can spread God’s love around the globe and honor someone you love with the same gift. Show compassion to someone this Christmas.
Possible gift ideas
Below are just a few of the possible gift choices you have and how you can personalize these gifts for someone on your Christmas list.
In honor of your mother, a friend who is expecting or has an infant, or someone who cares for infants through ministry or employment you can:
• Feed a mother and baby for a suggested donation of $14.00
• Give the gift of a newborn care package for a suggested donation of $34.00
• Provide an infant with a year of medical care for a suggested donation of $55.00
• In honor of your dentist, give a child dental care for a suggested gift of $20.00
• In honor of your doctor, provide treatment for illness or injury for a suggested gift of $40.00
• Partner with others to provide lifesaving surgery for a suggested donation of $100.00
• In honor of your plumber, provide a Compassion center with bathrooms for a suggested gift of $25.00
• Provide water wells for a suggested gift of $30.00
• In honor of your librarian or book club, provide adult literacy for a suggested gift of $22.00
• In honor of a college student or professor, develop a future leader for a suggested gift of $40.00
• In honor of a student or teacher, provide textbooks for a suggested donation of $40.00
• Partner with others to provide students with vocational training for a suggested gift of $25.00
• Honor someone with chickens by providing chickens to a family for a suggested gift of $42.00
• Honor a small business owner by partnering with others to help a family start a business for a suggested donation of $25.00
We pray that you will take this opportunity to bless and honor someone by giving a gift with blessings beyond the wrapping this Christmas season. We would love to hear how you are sharing the gifts of Compassion catalog with your family and friends, or the creative ways in which you are honoring others this year.