Yesterday, we shared three ways in which children could learn about their peers living in poverty around the world. For day 14 of our 31 days of compassion, we want to share with you a creative opportunity to bless these children this Christmas! This is a fun activity that can be done with children, if those little hands are indeed available. If not, you are more than welcome to participate and bless these children yourself!
Send Christmas cards to unsponsored children!
There are children registered in Compassion International’s program that do not have a one-on-one relationship with a sponsor. While their friends receive letters and Christmas cards this holiday season, these children will stand by quietly and wish they had someone to share the love and joy of Jesus with them from across the world. By sending Christmas cards to these children, you can bring a smile to a child’s face and share the special gift of Jesus with him or her. Your Christmas card may be the only communication that child receives all year!
How can you participate? We are so glad you asked!
•Your card(s) can be anything from a simple store-bought Christmas card with a written message to a hand-made card decorated with stickers and glitter.
• Please do not put names or any other identifiable information anywhere on the cards or envelopes in which they are enclosed, (minus the mailing envelope of course).
• The individual envelopes in which the cards are enclosed should not be sealed.
• Please do not include any enclosures with your cards such as pictures, stickers, or coloring sheets. Simply send the Christmas cards themselves.
• Once Compassion receives your Christmas cards, they will be sent to the country offices for distribution
• Anyone can participate, as the more Christmas cards that are received; the more children will be blessed!
• Please be sure your Christmas cards arrive to the Compassion International Global Ministry Center by December 2, to ensure they arrive to the children by Christmas.
Send your Christmas cards to:
ATTN: Suzanne Hall
12290 Voyager Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Possible messages to include in your Christmas cards
• Share a message about how much God loves this child
• Share your prayer for this child this Christmas and in the year to come
Ways to invite others to join you in spreading God’s love with these Christmas cards
• Make Christmas cards as a family
• Make Christmas cards with your Sunday school class or children’s ministry
• Invite local schools to have their students make Christmas cards
• Invite friends to your home and have a Christmas card making party
• Invite your church family to join in the fun with a church-wide Christmas card party
• Invite your student ministry or youth group to make Christmas cards together
• Invite college students on-campus to make Christmas cards
• If you are connected with a daycare, nursing home, or other place where crafts are encouraged, make this an opportunity for others to bless children around the world
• Have your scout troop make Christmas cards
• If you volunteer in prison ministry, see if the inmates would like to make Christmas cards
• If you volunteer at a local homeless shelter, encourage residents to make Christmas cards
• If you are involved with a place that serves individuals with disabilities, invite them to make Christmas cards
• See if a local business or radio station will collaborate with you in a Christmas card collection campaign
• Find other creative ways to share this ministry, and tell about them in the comments!
Turn on your favorite Christmas music, get out your art supplies, and be ready to spread God’s love around the globe this Christmas season!